So I sat down one day and thought ‘what did I really need to know when I was applying for my first graduate job?’
I realised then that there are millions of graduates around the world each year who are as unprepared for their first job search as I was back then.
That is why this website exists. I want to help you be better prepared for your graduate job search. This site has been designed to help you land your first job.
Follow the easy steps outlined here:
- Understand yourself: your core values
- Understand yourself: your soft skills
- Make a good impression by describing your soft and hard skills
- Prepare the best succinct cover letter that you can
- Answer the question: what does the job ad tell you?
- Have a solid resume– it will never be perfect, just make it better than it was
- Submit a solid application, on time, remembering what the reader is looking for
- Be prepared for your interview
- Learn from your application experience every time
- Plan for your career: where do you want to be in 5 years?
Tanya de Grunwald in the UK offers you ten more tips that every graduate should know about searching for a graduate job.
Of course you should join the Successful Graduate community to take advantage of our training courses and graduate job search support materials. Become a Successful Graduate member today!
Become a Successful Graduate today . Learn how to start your career!